Hey, another newbie!

Woosey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

the wonderful world of photography is calling me! I'm about to turn 21, and up to now point and click has done me, however my father owed a lot of hasselblad cameras and some of the photos he has taken have really shocked me at how different things can be when you try!

So a brief low down on what i have recently bought.

Casio P600 camera

http://www.exilim.co.uk/exilimpro/exp600/

i bought this as the 700 seems VERY similar and is £379 however the 600 is now discontinued so i managed to pick it up for the massive sum of £199. I realise its not up with the SLR's of the world, but i don't think i could do one justice and being a poor student means i really haven't got money to be throwing round!

So your thoughts on my new camera? honesty would be nice, as I've read many reviews, some are good others are not, i liked the amount of manual tweaks you get with this model and the fact you could add different lenses (tele, wide macro) and filters, it really set it apart from the basic point and click stuff you tend to get for that money!!

Thanks

Chris

Welcome to TPF! :D

You might want to re-post some of this in the general Q&A section to make sure it gets more views and, hopefully, informative answers. We have a great membership with lots of experienced folks.

Your dad's Hassy collection will be the envy of many, I'm sure. ;)

terri said:
Welcome to TPF! :D

You might want to re-post some of this in the general Q&A section to make sure it gets more views and, hopefully, informative answers. We have a great membership with lots of experienced folks.

Your dad's Hassy collection will be the envy of many, I'm sure. ;)

Hey,

Ive posted in the general Q+A with some questions, but thought i might as well put some reason for replies on this thread as i already have the camera, bit late to tell me to buy a different one ;)

unfortualy my dad passed away and I'm left with all the hasselblads but i'm scared stiff of using them!

Ive been left with (sorry about the dodgy descriptions, im new to this!) -

Hasselblad 500c/m
Hasselblad magnifier (for negatives?)
calcuflash II
Metz 45 Ct-1 flash
Minolta colourmeter II
Hasselblad 500EL/M
Hasselblad 100 poloroid
Gasson Profsix profi-system (light meter)
Hasselblad V case (lens?!)
Hasselblad (no model name etc, looks like a viewfinder, its wedge shape)
Minolta flash meter III
Hasselblad RC3266733
Hasselblad UE3136162
Hasselblad diameter 60 150mm mulitcoated lens in case
Mecablitz 45ct
Hasselblad 1000F in tan leather case
Carl Zeiss F = 135mm lens NR1591014
Oringal Hasselblad filters
Carl Zeiss NR1521105 f=250mm (sonar) in leather case
Sinar 567.54
Hasselblad professional lens shade diameter 50 - 70

I'm sorry to hear about your father. :)

Wow! He certainly had some fabulous equipment. That sounds like an awesome collection that will have several members here :drool: You need to find the "Collector's Corner" forum here, because trust me - any questions you have about any of these cameras or equipment will be answered.

You've inherited some beautiful stuff; don't be afraid of it - learn how to use it and do your dad proud. :thumbup:

HOLY CRAP!!! that just happens to be a huge part of my christmas wish list for this year!!!:mrgreen: terri has the right idea. You have an amazing collection there...your dad knew his stuff... use it! You'll be the envy of the block. Welcome to TPF family!!

Hey, another welcome! :) Enjoy your stay at TPF.

Woosey said:
Hey,

Ive posted in the general Q+A with some questions, but thought i might as well put some reason for replies on this thread as i already have the camera, bit late to tell me to buy a different one ;)

unfortualy my dad passed away and I'm left with all the hasselblads but i'm scared stiff of using them!

Ive been left with (sorry about the dodgy descriptions, im new to this!) -

Hasselblad 500c/m ...this is a great body!
Hasselblad magnifier (for negatives?)
calcuflash II
Metz 45 Ct-1 flash ...excellent flash unit
Minolta colourmeter II
Hasselblad 500EL/M ...the 500c/m is better IMHO but I like this body as well
Hasselblad 100 poloroid ...polaroid back for use with Hassy
Gasson Profsix profi-system (light meter) ...probably Gossen meter, good one
Hasselblad V case (lens?!)
Hasselblad (no model name etc, looks like a viewfinder, its wedge shape) ...probably a chimney viewfinder, good to have
Minolta flash meter III ...excellent for studio work
Hasselblad RC3266733 ...is this a back?
Hasselblad UE3136162 ...is this a back?
Hasselblad diameter 60 150mm mulitcoated lens in case ...wow! great for portraits!
Mecablitz 45ct ...yet another great flash unit!
Hasselblad 1000F in tan leather case ...older style FP SLR Hassie
Carl Zeiss F = 135mm lens NR1591014 ...lens for the 1000F
Oringal Hasselblad filters
Carl Zeiss NR1521105 f=250mm (sonar) in leather case ...excellent tele lens
Sinar 567.54
Hasselblad professional lens shade diameter 50 - 70 ...great to use against lens flare

The only things to be scared of when using Hasselblad:

1. dust in the camera/lens
2. water in the camera/lens
3. taking off the lens before you cock the shutter (don't ever try it or you'll jam the lens)

Rest is easy, put some 120 film in it and shoot away!

Welcome to tpf! :)

Most reactions

Back