Hey anyone know about this popup I'm getting here?

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
Twice now I have gotten this popup on the photoforum here. I believe both times it came up as I posted. It looks like spyware to me. Is this associated with this site? I doubt it but wanted to check first. It may even be coincidence it popped up here. If not and it's not authorized I thought someone should know about it. Here's a screenshot of what I got.

spyware_screenshot.jpg

Yup, looks like spyware from the ad. Did that ad ever come up? I see a red x where the banner should be. That way we can block it from coming back again.

Yay! Chase you are the best. :cheer: That thing was really annoying. Still waiting on the block however. :)

Did anyone else get a popup or something that opened up windows media player?

Edit- I just got it twice in a row when opening the OT forum. The second time the ad was for cheaperdays.com, not sure if its related. Both time windows media player said it couldn't open the site mms:/// or something like that... very weird...

:shock: My virus scanner just tried to tell me that something on this page was a virus. :? Anyone else having this problem?

Argh! Whatever it was, it changed my homepage (to a page telling you how to get 'the leading spyware' of course! Hijack machines so then they'll use your product to fix it! :roll: ), popped up 3 more popups, including media player again and something called Inbox, and put 5 weird files on my desktop! :(

sounds like cool search. Look for cwshredder or hijack this to fix it. Or just get Firefox and never worry about that again.

Geronimo said:
Or just get Firefox and never worry about that again.
Right. Just one of the many reasons why I no longer use Internet Explorer. You should never click yes to those dialog box unless you trust the company.

Orie, you can also try downloading Ad-Aware and running it. The free version isn't as good as it use to be but this is a spyware removal program. It's also more user friendly than some of the others. Spybot is another good spyware removal program but it's not as user friendly. With either program make sure to get the lastest update like you would do with an anti-virus program. Running an anti-virus system scan would also be a good thing to do too. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back