Hey, Ed! I told you it was pretty!

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I told you it was pretty at Old Hickory Saturday morning. Not a soul in sight for the first half hour or so, just me and the ducks and the herons.

2014-09-20-01.jpg

I met OldHippy on Sunday morning and we went to one of my favorite lake spots. It was well up into the morning when we got there and this is what it looked like the day before at dawn.

Sweet. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your great tour, and fine chat. Ed

Thanks, John!
Sweet. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your great tour, and fine chat. Ed
You are more than welcome, Ed. I enjoyed it just as much and I'm really glad we got to hook up for a little while.

My offer still stands for late spring: Come by and we'll go to Cheekwood and you can get all the flower shots you could ever dream of. They normally plant something like 10,000 tulips that bloom in late May and they are gorgeous!

PS .. Sorry for the late reply. A kidney stone woke me up at 2:30 this morning and it's been a long day since then.

Oh cool! When I saw that oldhippy had been in Nashville, I wondered if you two had gotten together; glad to hear that you did.

Nice sunrise. Next time I'm out that way, we'll have to do Old Hickory instead of Radnor. I was actually there a few weeks ago (Labor Day weekend) but was with another friend, so didn't call you. She lives almost in walking distance of Percy Priest and Long Hunter State Park, so we did go there one day and walk around a while.

PS .. Sorry for the late reply. A kidney stone woke me up at 2:30 this morning and it's been a long day since then.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. As my pastor would say, "This too shall 'pass.'"
:1247: Hope it passes quietly and easily.

Oh cool! When I saw that oldhippy had been in Nashville, I wondered if you two had gotten together; glad to hear that you did.

Nice sunrise. Next time I'm out that way, we'll have to do Old Hickory instead of Radnor. I was actually there a few weeks ago (Labor Day weekend) but was with another friend, so didn't call you. She lives almost in walking distance of Percy Priest and Long Hunter State Park, so we did go there one day and walk around a while.
Yep, Ed's a great guy and lives up to his screen name ;)

Old Hickory is pretty dead right now. Not much there at all. A few Mallards and Domestics and a couple of Herons. Last year during the winter there were hundreds of Ring Billed Gulls there as well as some Horned Grebes.

Long Hunter is another one of my favorites. Actually Couchville Lake at Long Hunter State Park. If that's not where you went give it a try some time. Nice paved 2 mile loop all the way around the lake.

Not my first one. I think it's the sixth but I kinda lost count years ago. It moved a couple of hours after it woke me up and has been better. Went to the doc, got a prescription, got a CT scan, haven't heard back from him. Same as all the previous times.

When I get one nobody will do anything about it other than tell me to try and rest, drink lots of water, and wait for it to pass. When I had the first one the ER did a CT scan and found that my right kidney has atrophied and is about the size of a peanut. I could have been born that way, could have injured it as a kid, who knows. But nobody will do anything for fear of damaging the one that is still working. So, I just have to deal with them. I've had a lot of practice by now.

Sorry to hear you are down. Passed a stone in my twenties. Felt like a razor edged rock. Rest and plenty of water sounds right, Hope you get past this soon. Ed

Sorry to hear you are down. Passed a stone in my twenties. Felt like a razor edged rock. Rest and plenty of water sounds right, Hope you get past this soon. Ed
Thanks, I'll be fine. Already feel a lot better, just not 100% (or even close). Going to try and go to bed early and get back some of the sleep I lost last night.

Yep, Ed's a great guy and lives up to his screen name ;)

Old Hickory is pretty dead right now. Not much there at all. A few Mallards and Domestics and a couple of Herons. Last year during the winter there were hundreds of Ring Billed Gulls there as well as some Horned Grebes.

Long Hunter is another one of my favorites. Actually Couchville Lake at Long Hunter State Park. If that's not where you went give it a try some time. Nice paved 2 mile loop all the way around the lake.

Not my first one. I think it's the sixth but I kinda lost count years ago. It moved a couple of hours after it woke me up and has been better. Went to the doc, got a prescription, got a CT scan, haven't heard back from him. Same as all the previous times.

When I get one nobody will do anything about it other than tell me to try and rest, drink lots of water, and wait for it to pass. When I had the first one the ER did a CT scan and found that my right kidney has atrophied and is about the size of a peanut. I could have been born that way, could have injured it as a kid, who knows. But nobody will do anything for fear of damaging the one that is still working. So, I just have to deal with them. I've had a lot of practice by now.

Yes, Couchville Lake! That's exactly where we went; I couldn't remember the name of it. Beautiful place; didn't see the first bird, but wasn't there for that anyway and it was the wrong time of day to see too much. Did see two fawns and their mama, so close I could just about have touched them. We walked the entire loop; she was so excited about that, because she can never get her husband to do that with her!

Yes, Couchville Lake! That's exactly where we went; I couldn't remember the name of it. Beautiful place; didn't see the first bird, but wasn't there for that anyway and it was the wrong time of day to see too much. Did see two fawns and their mama, so close I could just about have touched them. We walked the entire loop; she was so excited about that, because she can never get her husband to do that with her!
Heck, virtually everything around here is like that. Just plain nothing on the water at all. I saw some geese flying south last week so I suspect the migration isn't far away though.

I walked around Couchville Lake early Saturday morning. Nothing on the water at all, not even early in the morning. Not one single bird. I did see a bunch of deer, and two of them were fawns as well. Could have been the same pair.

... A kidney stone woke me up at 2:30 this morning and it's been a long day since then.
been there... so, I'm here just for the virtual support and a nice pic :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back