Hey evehryone!

Lammy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all! Well, I'm new to the whole photography world, but I am looking forward to learning as much as I can as quickly as I can. I have developed a passion for doing videography type of projects (highlight tapes, school activities, family activities). I love to put together slide shows using Adobe Premiere Elements/Photoshop and figured, why don't I learn to take the photos as well.....especially since I have always loved taking pics.

I am in the process of looking for a good starting digital camera that will capture professional looking shots. I have all the technology to edit the pics and such, just no camera :) So I guess you can say that I am looking for some advice on purchasing one.

I would love to eventually end up doing weddings and more activities that I already do for a second job or as a career. I am looking at going back to school as well and have considered this as a possibility. Any ideas on a major or just some seminars to take? I did read that most professional photographers were self taught and then went through seminars/classes to learn the "tricks of the trade" so to say.

Anyways, I'll quit typing, its turning into a novel, but I look forward to learning from all you folks!

i'm unable to answer your questions, but i still wanna very warmly greet you and welcome you to TPF!
You'll love it here.

Welcome... this is a great place to learn and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!!

Thanks everyone! I'm sure it will be a good time! I just need to get a descent camera and I'll be more then happy to join the "party"!

Most reactions

Back