Hey Everyone! New here!

Mazpro502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! Pretty new here! Just got my Nikon D40 a few months ago and am still learning. Here are a few shots....Let me know what you all think!
Def open to suggestions and critique!

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0092-1.jpg

DSC_0032-3-1.jpg

DSC_0033-3.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

Wow 37 views and no C&C?? Hmmm.... Anyways......

Here are a few other shots.....
DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

First off welcome to the forums. Tonnes of great tips and great reading available here.

Way to go for making the leap. I too have just started so take what I say with a grain of salt. Your composition seems to be smack dab in the middle. Try using the rule of thirds. Some of your flowers details are lost because of blown out areas was it because of harsh sun or your flash. The other thing about flowers is the view straight down on them isnt always the greatest. Get down to the flowers level and take some different angles see what you come up with. Which you did in a couple. Keep posting and practising.

Welcome! Many of us are beginners and are here to observe and learn, hence more views than comments.

What I notice is that with your flowers, the focus seems a bit soft. There is no detail that really grabs the eye and pulls it into the flower.

The little girl is nice but being in the shade takes away from her sunny smile. Perhaps a low level flash might help. Putting her in the direct sunlight would have caused some nasty shadows.

The 1st one of the dog looks pretty good to me. The second one the focus is sharp on the nose but the eyes are slightly blurred. I like to try to focus on the eyes. I feel it is more intimate to gaze into the eyes than to stare at the nose.

The photos are really very cool and good. I loved it. The flowers are very beautiful colored. Also the the backgrounds are very real and natural. I liked the angel girl very much she is really very pretty and sweet.

Most reactions

Back