Hey Folks!

vansnxtweek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. My name is Matt, I'm 22, and I live in the great state of Virginia. I'm sure ya'll have all heard this story a hundred times so I'll try to keep it short and sweet :D. I have always loved taking pictures! It may sound ridiculous but I have always gotten the cell phone with the best camera just so I can have something half decent all the time to take pictures of who knows what I may run into. I have a lot of hobbies such as motorcycles, project vehicles, wakeboarding, surfing, playing guitar...basically a lot of things that I can take pictures of :).

About 3 months ago I ran into someone who had a Canon Rebel SLR starter kit and from there this all took off. I have gotten so much film developed since then its been ridiculous, and then I came to realize that if I was really going to get better at this I wanted to get a DSLR so that I could really see real time how my pictures looked and I could adjust from there. Now I will say that I am very glad I started out with a film camera because it really gave me time to learn the basics of working around the camera and using the different settings, but now that I just got a DSLR, I am in love! I did a heck of a lot of reading and I ended up going with the Canon T2i (550D). I am so much of a newbie at this that I know the 550D will be all that I need for quite awhile. I really want to take the time and learn all the fundamentals so that my hobby of taking pictures can be taken to the next level. I have read the manual front to back 4 times and I'll read it a 100 more, and I have also read a few 35mm books that have helped. However, I have learned in the past though that learning from other people is the best way for me to learn!

So after that long breath of words I would like to go ahead and thank everyone for the future of questions that I'm sure I'll be asking! I have already looked at the galleries and "Oh my goodness" is all I can say to many of the pictures I saw. There are really some experts on here and I'm excited to learn!

Thanks man..I'm excited to get to know the place..hah.

Welcome to TPF! I enjoyed reading your introduction. Your going to have so much fun with your new camera.

This is a great place to learn! :)

Thanks man! I'm loving it for sure! Gotta get some pictures so I can get whipped into shape haha

Most reactions

Back