Hey guys, please give me a hand...

knuckles21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm new here (obviously), and by saying new i mean really new as in i still don't have a camera at the moment.
I'm still in high school, and my parents are gonna buy me one as soon as i know which type i want.
i was given two options between canon eos 550d or 50d. i read the specs but i don't understand a thing.
so please help me... i'm desperate... thanks a lot!

Umm...

If you "don't understand a thing" then you should probably look into it more.

But me personally would go with the 50D

thanks for the suggestion! but i still don't understand why 50d is better though.
i know that it has faster shutter speed, but i don't know what else... ha ha...
please help....

So you want people to detail the differences between the two cameras for you? You probably won't understand anything. Have you tried googling? My first hit when I googled "550d vs 50d" was this great thread on dpreview

Canon50D or 550D: Canon EOS 7D / 50D - 10D Forum: Digital Photography Review

The 550D shoots video, the 50D doesn't. Is that a big thing?
The 50D is built better, sturdier, than the 550D
In terms of image quality and such, both can take amazing pictures when they are handled by someone who knows what they are doing.
The 50D has other bells and whistles that makes it a better camera.

The lens makes WAY more of a difference than the body. So if you are able to save some coin buying the 550D and then get a better quality lens that the stuff that "comes with the camera" (known as kit), I'd do that. A good lens will be with you for 10 years... if you get into photography, you'll upgrade that 50D in a few years.

Thank you very much for the info, and for the link! it really helps me a lot!
sorry for not being straight to the point, i guess you got me there.. har har...
think i'll choose one and figure out what i'll be doing soon enough...
glad knowing that people would share their knowledge to a clueless newbie like me...

Honestly, if you are new or coming from using a point and shoot or camera phone, either camera will be a huge upgrade for you and give you more than enough to learn and play with for the next few years. So dont get too hung up on the fine details...save that for when you are getting serious about it all AND have the knowledge to make your own decision.

Most reactions

Back