hey, i'm new =)

alwaysremember

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was looking out the window in my kitchen to my backyard and i saw a few red leaves on my tree.. i wanted to take a picture to capture the beginning of fall and took a few pictures. the sun was setting so it was hard to find the right light. any comments/critiques are welcome!! trust me, i wont be offended if you say something negative!

hello autumn!

IMG_2823.jpg

shoo fly, don't bother me!

IMG_2864.jpg

if you were an ant...

IMG_2867.jpg

thank you! :D

my camera is a Canon PowerShot SD20 (a digital, a couple years old.. it's all ive got, but i love it!)

Hi again, alwaysremember.
The first makes me itch to "play" with it, too... there are so many more colours to be had in that one ... and I'd probably crop off the side that has the sky and make it a vertical frame ...

Like Chris, I am not too keen on your "ant's view" of the garden fence. If "the ant" had focused on the flower and blurred out the fence, then ... yes, then this could be an interesting POV (point of view)...

LaFoto, you can play with the photo if you would like to.

Also, I also wanted to focus of the flower.. but my camera in auto mode chose the fence. darn camera..do you know how I could do this otherwise?

Try to find out if you can focus manually?
Though if this is a small, pocketsize camera, it might be difficult.
But look at your little wheels ... if there is a flower-icon somewhere, that should be your "macro" function. With that put on, the camera should focus on what is nearer by (and does not do that when in the "normal" function).

And ok.
I'll give that first one a try... thanks :D.

OK, so I played with your first photo of this series a little, too, and since I do not like the corner of white sky, I cropped your photo vertical, so now it no longer is 800x600 pixels, but 600x400 pixels, and the distracting piece of white has gone. I also played with the levels again, and a tiny bit with the yellow and red midtones, just a smidge, used USM (unsharp mask) and ... well. This is my edit now, which I hope you will like?

alwaysremember_2823_myedit.jpg

And where on this great big earth IS that kitchen window from where you get this wonderful view?

LaFoto, i LOVE that!!

this kitchen window is located in good ole New England. Massachusetts, to be exact. love the fall, but HATE the winter. it's SO pretty, but just too cold for me.

although i am excited to get some good pictures =D bring on the snow!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back