Hey. Just saying "Hi"

WPhyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick introduction... I've been using a camera for about 6 years now, a dinosaur Olympus D-510. My first real camera, because before that I was using a relic 110. I'm a bit of a hack, I have no real flare for photography, but lately I've been getting compliments on most of my photos. I think I'm my worst critic though. I see what other people can do and I'm always amazed and would like some of my work to look as good.

I don't actually go out and look for things to photograph. Basically, I just carry the camera along wherever I go and when I have an opportunity I open the shutter and click the button a couple times.

Here's a sample of two of my latests. First one was from a car-show right after a light shower and the second was riding my ATV on the Canadian border.

hood_ornament.jpg

atv_view.jpg

I've been looking for a DSLR, but I tend to get research-overload, frustrated and then giving up. Hopefully I'll learn something here and can progress to the next level of photography.

OK, so it wasn't a quick introduction...

-William

Hello William and Welcome to the forum.

Don't feel bad I know what your talking about. I think everyone feels their own photos lack in one way or another, we tend to be our own worst critics.

As far as the research overload goes, I would suggest going to a real camera store, handle some cameras and ask questions. Find out which ones feel that best in your hands. Which ones have the best layout, are the buttons positioned where thay are easy to reach? I bought a Konica / Minolta 7D when they first came out and I love it. To bad K/M sold out to Sony. Most all brands will let you do any setting you want, it's just how you get to make the changes (buttons, menus, display).

Good Luck. I'm sure that that you'll find lots of information here on TPF, the folks here are a knowledgable and friendly group.

Last edited:
Welcome. The shots look great. As far as getting a DSLR, there are plenty to choose from and a ton of information to absorb. But in a way, I think that is all part of the fun. Good Luck.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back