Hey Meike, you’re so fine

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was recently given a MEIKE 900. It is a clone of the Nikon SB900.
I've found it to be really good (better than my now burnt out SB900)
Buying a NEW Meike is actually cheaper than repairing the overheating Speedlight from Nikon.

Anyone else have experience with Meike? It's even less expensive than Yongnuo.

They do look close to the SB-900. I have 3 SB-900's and never run into overheating. But I don't do rapid flash shooting (purposly). 1 of them is starting to be a pain though. When initially turned on if its not used right away and goes to sleep. It just shuts off. But if you turn it back on. It works fine the rest of the session???? So, I am wary if it finally failing me. If I am using speedlights, I always bring backups though.

I read some of the reviews on Amazon, one said it doesn't fully communicate when you use compensation on the body. I don't think they mentioned the camera body. Another said it overheats. But if it's a copy of the original, then that would be understandable.

My earlier one was a real Nikon which fires a few shots and the battery starts getting very very hot and it doesn’t fire and the thermal cut off kicks in.

My earlier one was a real Nikon which fires a few shots and the battery starts getting very very hot and it doesn’t fire and the thermal cut off kicks in.
Hmm, never had that. Though I have not used them officially. I do now have some external battery packs. The ones that fit the newer flashes are cheapie china ones. But during testing they worked well. That's about the only time I fired my SB-900's rapidly at full power. But that was only about dozen flashes while I was trying to confirm recycle times using the external packs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back