Hey Mr. DJ

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Minnesota Public Radio has a program called 'The Loop', hosted by Jeff Horwich. Tonight I was there, shooting pictures to help them out, here's one of the host, I really dig it - he's lit by his laptop screen. I just noticed I need to crop it a tad, but otherwise I really like it, the bokeh especially. C&C appreciated!

By the way - the forum was lit mainly by several PAR58s with red gels. A lot of the pictures (Especially the audience) have a red tinge to them - anyway to adjust for that?

249518884_384fee29d4_o.jpg

No way...don't crop it. The windows give the shot perfect framing!

Wonderful light on his face as opposed to the blueness of the darkening sky! Crop only that tiny bit of "more" window above that top frame (and I am sure THAT is what you plan to crop, leaving the rest of the frame intact, right?) and you are ok. With the red of the lights there, the light from his laptop screen outlines so nicely his smile, hint of dimples, and gives a wonderful spark to his eyes. Really good, this one :D.

How come you get asked to come photograph in such settings?
No one from the radio has ever approached me!?!??! :grumpy:

:biggrin:

I quite like the light as it is - looks realistic and I think neutralising it would probably make it look wrong.

Cool shot!

Rob

Indeed, I just wanted to crop out the extra window and maybe some bits of that bamboo plant on the left side :)

And they didn't really ASK me LaPhoto, I emailed the host and asked him, he was more then happy hehe. Then again, it's public radio, they run on virtually 0 budgetwise. He said they were having problems getting shots in there without blur or a flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back