Hey you chefs/wicked cooks.

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the need of a jambalaya recipe. Yes yes I know google is my fracking friend and I have a few compiled but I know we have some serious cooks on here so I thought I would ask if anyone has one they recommend.

Well... there are two ways to go:

There is what I call "Yankee" jambalaya, and there's authentic. You may be surprised just how plain jambalaya really is, at least the way they make it in Gonzales, Louisiana... the self-proclaimed Jambalaya Capital of the World.

-Pete

I always associate Newman from Seinfeld with Jambalaya lol

I go to boston pizza for my Jambalaya :)

Well... there are two ways to go:

There is what I call "Yankee" jambalaya, and there's authentic. You may be surprised just how plain jambalaya really is, at least the way they make it in Gonzales, Louisiana... the self-proclaimed Jambalaya Capital of the World.

-Pete

I don't know what kind of hot sauce I'm going to find around here but this sounds nice and I'm going to try it but do you know what kind of sausage Mr Mayor is talking about? I mean sausage from what animal?

What about the cubed pork? Would that be any pork meat?

Thanks

My bother lived there for years. When he makes it, he doesn't include the pork. The sausage is simply smoked sausage like Eckrich makes. It comes in an all-beef variety or an all-meat.

We're not big on the hot sauce either. What really makes this dish is the caramelized onions. Mmmmm....

-Pete

Oh.. and edit: My secret ingredient in this recipe is Frank's Red Hot Chili Lime hot sauce ;) Just a few teaspoons!
Man, I love Frank's Red Hot, but I've never seen the Chili Lime version ... I'll have to look for it.

Most reactions

Back