Heyooo - new to the forum ;)

lisakaycreative

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.restlesslisa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm a wedding photographer based in Chicago. Any comments on how to get the most out of this forum would be appreciated. Great to be here!

Welcome aboard.

Hey everyone, I'm a wedding photographer based in Chicago. Any comments on how to get the most out of this forum would be appreciated. Great to be here!
Welcome!

First; if you've got specific questions, do a search of the threads for similar topics of discussion.

If you wish to receive comment and critique (C&C for short) post a photograph in the thread at "full size". This website can handle JPGs that are no larger than about 1024 pixels on the longest side. Do the resizing on your computer before starting your thread. I prefer only one photo per question or or thread if you want a detailed critique. Sometimes two per thread if they are similar or show similar effects for which you would like feedback.

Multiple photos are useful simply to show a range, a group, an experience, or for comparison between photographs, but be sure to number them if more than two.

Read any thread you are interested in, and contribute to the conversation by asking for clarification or by answering someone's question.

Welcome.

Basic advice: follow the Chicago rule of voting when it comes to TPF....participate early and often. The more you get involved, the more you get out of it.

Other more specific advice:
--when you ask for advice, you get a good rep (and more future responses) when you follow up your request with "okay, here's how it worked out, here's a sample of the results, here's what I learned from it all." It's always gratifying to offer advice to a request...and then a week later get some closure about what advice worked or didn't and so on.
--Be specific. There are some people on here with fantastic bases of knowledge. So you could just post a question like "what lens should I add to my equipment?" Or you could post, "I"m a nikon shooter, emphasis on weddings, I currently have the following lens XYZ, want something for studio portraits pre-wedding...what would you recommend?"
--Do search previous threads. There is a lot of stuff on here about weddings ranging from a checklist of poses, different shooting styles, managing bridezillas, tricky lighting, using backup or 2nd shooters, etc. Doesn't mean you can't post on that. But when you can reference an older thread and explain how you're asking something beyond that, it leads to a richer and deeper discussion

Welcome to TPF.What they said.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back