Hi All! (and a forum question)

JEFlatt53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post here at thePhotoForum. I just wanted to give a quick introduction ,say hello, and ask one quick question.

I guess I'll start off sitting you know a little about myself. I am 19 years old. I hail from Middle Tennessee I but I am currently a sophomore at Purdue University West Lafayette Indiana studying Aeronautical Engineering Technology. I love being able to receive school credit for working hands on with aviation airframes, turbine engines, and CAD software. I'm also involved with some research in aviation emissions testing and unmanned aircraft . School definitely takes up most of my time but I love filling up my free time with hobbies (since I just can't seem to find a girlfriend).

Even from a young age I've been interested in film/photography but I'd suppose you'd say it's just now "gotten serious" with my purchase of a Canon AE-1. My other hobbies include playing guitar, building and flying model aircraft and UAVs, collecting/restoring vintage stereo equipment, and collecting anything circa 1970s really.

Anyway, here is the gear I've got as of now (thanks to Goodwill)

- Canon AE-1 (battery indicator / light meter is nonfunctional)
- Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8 lens
- Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 1:2.8 - 4 lens
- Lowepro bag

I liked this AE-1 so much that I also just ordered a near mint AE-1 so that I could have a functioning light meter and battery indicator. It should be waiting on me when I return to Purdue.

I've been shooting a roll of Kodak Portra 400 through the camera over the past few days and I finally ran through all 36 exposures and got them developed. My question is, where should I post the pictures in order to get feedback? To my untrained eye they look pretty darn good for a 40 year old camera, although some are a bit over/under exposed and the color seems a bit dull. I just want to know an appropriate forum to post under get some feedback from and learn what I could have done better so maybe I can get a little more value out of my next roll :)

Thanks everyone!

Welcome aboard and good luck...

Welcome - we have a big memberbase of very dedicated film shooters; if you look farther down the page, you will see the various galleries. People, Landscapes, Black & White, etc. These are where you should post images. It's also best to annotate the post indicating whether you want comments & critique ("C&C") or are just posting to share. I recommend asking for C&C, and while you might not always like or agree with the comments, it will help you grow as a photographer!

Welcome - we have a big memberbase of very dedicated film shooters; if you look farther down the page, you will see the various galleries. People, Landscapes, Black & White, etc. These are where you should post images. It's also best to annotate the post indicating whether you want comments & critique ("C&C") or are just posting to share. I recommend asking for C&C, and while you might not always like or agree with the comments, it will help you grow as a photographer!

Thanks for the tip! I'll post a few of my favorites there now :)

Try to start by posting one or two.
More than that and the comments will get scattered around and won't be as in depth as might do the most good.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back