Hi All

beveldrive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My first post on the forum. I've been a keen digital photographer for a few years, just taking whatever takes my fancy.
At the moment I have a Konika Minolta 7D. it's a nice solid camera and I love it! Hope to share some images with you all soon.

Anyhow, just recently a professional photographer visited me to photograph a motorcycle that I'd just built, for a magazine article. It was facinating watching him at work. Today I emailed him requesting a few pictures from the shoot and instead of attaching a few jpg files he mailed me back an enless stream of computer text containing a .png extension. I mailed him back asking how to view .png files and he replyed with an even longer text stream containing a .jpg extension.

Am I missing something, or is this the normal way for professional photographers to transmit images. I've mailed him again but no reply.

Any ideas?

Steve

Welcome aboard.

Is he maybe sending you a link, to view the image on the web?

Hi Mike,
yes you'd think so but it's not 'clickable'. The first two lines look likr this:

--Apple-Mail=_38EFEA07-7691-4DA6-A520-B4DE538BB6D0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<= /html>= --Apple-Mail=_38EFEA07-7691-4DA6-A520-B4DE538BB6D0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; filename=FX2F1269.jpg Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="FX2F1269.jpg" Content-Id: <5046B920-794A-4283-ADCE-94DF52BF0F47@home> /9j/4QJQRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACQESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAegEbAAUAAAABAAAA ggEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAQAAAAigEyAAIAAAAUAAAAmgE8AAIAAAAQAAAArgITAAMAAAAB AAEAAIdpAAQAAAABAAAAvgAAAAAASAAAAAEAAABIAAAAAQAAUXVpY2tUaW1lIDcuNy4xADIwMTI6 MDM6MDUgMTc6MjY6NDQATWFjIE9TIFggMTAuNy4zAAAXgpoABQAAAAEAAAHYgp0ABQAAAAEAAAHg iCIAAwAAAAEAAQAAiCcAAwAAAAEAyAAAkAAABwAAAAQwMjIwkAMAAgAAABQAAAHokAQAAgAAABQA

Dont mean a thing to me??

I'll mail him back in the morning.

Looks like maybe he's trying to insert or embed the images into an e-mail, and your e-mail program isn't able to interpolate that into a visible format.

You could ask him to send you the image files...but you have to realize that many photographers won't just send out their image files, which is maybe why he's trying to embed it into an e-mail.

One if two ways you may want to try. One, hold down control and if the cursor turns into a hand, thereby "opening" the link. Secondly, copy the html and paste it on the address of the browser.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back