HI! Beginner wanting some advice and direction.

Photo #2 looks quite nice. As mentioned before, the contrast between the field and the sky is nice. I agree with sleist about it being more favorable as a landscape shot. More of that skyline would be pleasing, in my opinion. If you ever get around to taking it in landscape, I'd love to see it!

I also agree with others that have mentioned the colors looking rather washed out. A little bit of editing could really bring those to life. Photo #2 doesn't suffer as much from this but the plants in the foreground don't pop as much as they could.

As for the selective coloring, I'm not a fan. When done well, it can be neat. It's done a lot but, unfortunately, is not often done in a way that appeals to me. One of my friends posts a lot of black and white self portraits and always seems to finds some area to color in with exaggerated blues (mainly his eyes). The more I see it, the more critical of the style I become. I don't mean to harsh your gig so hardcore, just observations. To be honest, I have no confidence that I would be able to pull it off so I'm not aiming to discredit you, by any means.

I'm a beginner so my critiques probably aren't worth much. It's fun to look at these, though. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your shots as you fall into the groove again. With some practice and tasteful post-processing, you could construct a nice collection of shots (at least this is what I'm banking on in my own situation ;) ).

I'm a beginner too. Also developed my passion years ago from a high school class. It's very interesting for me to see your shots and read the reply post because I seem to be shooting the same as you. Here's one I took today. Your second and last photos are great to me. To me, you have the eye, just need the practice (like me lol).

Thank you :) So nice. And I really like your image as well, definitely my taste! What are you shooting with? I would love to see more.

Hi all,
I am new to this forum.. first entry here and am just waiting to hear what the photography population thinks of my photos... Gosh I don't even know where to begin on this forum.. I just got done reading part of Exposed by Jasmine Star.. and was just inspired to join a forum. So here goes....
my website is ginamanzeck.com (Now, I know I am not here to hear nice things necessarily.. but... I just put my website together.. and am still working on it... It is so much work- but I love it!

Thanks much, I appreciate any feedback I can get. I am a stay at home mommy of 2 and am so inspired by photography.. it's my passion, my dream and my 4 love behind God, my husband and kiddos...

Blessings!

Most reactions

Back