Hi Everybody!

M

MDowdey

Hello everyone! I just stumbled upon this forum...I love it! Ive been messing around with my cameras lately(had them awhile...) and i thought my questions could be answered here.

1)my first question is what cameras are yall(yes i live in the south:)) using?

md

thanks guys!

Hi I'm new here too. I use an older minolta SLR, but I'm transitioning to my Olympus Camedia 720 digital full time.

First of all, welcome to the board!

Secondly, I use a Nikon N70 that I absolutely love! It does everything I could ask for and it can take a beating. I dropped in one time (thinking it was secured to a tripod when it wasn't) and it fell about 5 feet onto concrete. The only damage to the camera was a broken plastic battery door. Repaired it for $25 and it has been great ever since.

As you probably can tell, I'm a Nikon fan...had a less expensive N50 before that, which my wife still uses.

Thanks for the great question, I'm curious what other equipment people use.

:D hi chase! is this board new? thanks for thwe responses from everyone. i do have another question...what do yall think of minolta certified refurbished cameras?

md

This board has been up for a little over a month (if I remember correctly), so we are still new in the scheme of things...but growing nicely!

Always happy to see some new faces!

Also, not that this message thread is the best place to post it, but I will be looking for at least one moderator to help out as the board grows. They will have access to edit, move, and delete posts that may be inappropriate. So, if anyone is interested, please let me know!

Chase, if you are still looking for mods or admins, i'd be more than happy to help you in any way possible. seeing as how i have no life, that would b perfect for me.

let me know

[email protected]

Hi,
I have used the nikon f1, f2, f3 (bad camera) f4, f5 and have been using the D1 for about 3 years (these digitals will get better)
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you use. It's the fella behind the camera that counts. An old saying of mine is:
"To point and shoot takes but a moment. To know where to point from, takes considerably longer"

Sam Stiglec
http://www.photographyschool-online.com/

very true sam. Im glad there are people that realize that 99.9 percent of the time when th picture doesnt turn out, that its operator error.

md

Well, after everything I've learned, and being an owner of two autofocus slr's, I find I still use my manual-everything k1000 and zx-m more often than not. I figure I spent the time learning all these things, why let a camera do it for me?

hahah oh no... and I didn't read the date at the beggining and I thought that MD is making jokes again :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back