Hi everyone from Redwood City CA!

Amethyst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

My name's Liz, I'm 26 years old and have always been pretty arty and imaginative. I'm brand new to photography, except for the usual snaps people take of family, outings and the like. Until recently I had a digital camera (pretty basic, one of the first ones that came out, takes AGES to actually take the picture!) but it's getting really old now and I want to buy a new one. But I also want to do more than just that - I want to start taking good pictures. Great pictures, in fact!

11 months ago I moved from my native England to sunny California, and I miss my family very much. My parents also miss me, and recently they bought a digital camera for the specific purpose of taking photos of the garden, the family, and the recent house renovations so I can feel closer to them. :D It got me thinking that I'd love to do the same but to add my artistic interest to it as well.

So, as I'm quite poor :lol:, does anyone have any suggestions as to the type of camera I should get? I'd like it to be easy to understand for a newbie, to take photos the INSTANT you press the button (not 3 seconds later like my old camera!), and good value for money.

I'm looking forward to learning lots of new things and meeting you all!

AMETHYST

hi and welcome!
clear.gif

Welcome nice to see someone else from the Bay Area
Troy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back