hi everyone

blitzkrieg69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I've liked photography for a couple years now. Started borrowing my moms P&S camera and go into it more. Wanted something a little better so i got a nikon D40kit. I'm dying now, i haven't gotten a chance to get out and really take pictures of anything with it. A couple people have told me to invest in a new lense. i was thinking about the nikkor 55-220mm DX VR. im 15 with no job yet so my spending is pretty limited. Is this a good lense to get?

Thanks in advance and i look forward to browsing around the forum

Welcome!

What lens do you have now 18-55?

Me and my friend both bought a D40 at the sametime. He got the 18-55 and 55-220. I have the 18-55 and 70 -300. He wishes he would have went with the 70-300.

The 55-220 is a good lens but if you can wait and save. The 70-300 is really sweet lens.

Just my 2 cents.

yea, right now i have the 18-55. whats your opinion on buying used lenses? avoid it? or just make sure its legit?

everyone elses opinion also please.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy a use lens that's over $300 dollers unless I seen it in person.

ok, what about movement. i will be taking pictures of paintball and hockey sometimes. Is the 70-300 good for action?

thanks for all the help

ok, what about movement. i will be taking pictures of paintball and hockey sometimes. Is the 70-300 good for action?

thanks for all the help

Yes..I used it the last 2 years for the Red Bull Air Races. Light is going to be a factor and being indoors.

Also using the D40 at a higher iso they are going to look grainy. Do you have a tripod?

yes, i have a tripod

whats the best mode to shot in for action? landscape? etc..? complete noob

Do a search.

There is a ton of was to anwser your question.

Most reactions

Back