Hi Everyone!!

Burkelstine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, my name is Owen Burke. I'll be straight forward I'm very new to photography with having bought a Canon T6 in august of 2016 and learning everything I know form videos and reading online. So I really don't know much and feel like I could really benefit from being on here and learning from other experienced photographers.

I mostly take pictures of glass being that I'm a glassblower. I like to capture live shots of my friends and other people in the act of making something. I also like to take pictures of glass in nature instead of in a light booth with a back drop, mostly because I don't have the equipment to do so.

Right now I'm using Canon T6, I have the fantastic plastic, 75-300mm ef, and the 24mm f 2.8 pancake. I have a Hoya intensifier to reduce the solar flare coming off of the glass although I'm hoping soon I will be able to upgrade and order a didymium filter from Aroura.

Can't wait to chat and learn from all of you!!

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Hay, I have that exact same camera! :) I just got it recently so im trying to transition from a point and shoot that I had to the SLR type and get use to manual modes. No point in using the auto modes right?
But Im also self taught and trying to expand my know how. How do you like the site so far? Ive found soe relaly cool and helpful stuff on here so i finally made an account lol

Welcome to the forum. I love to learn glass blowing. Show us some of your stuff.

IMG_3811-1-L.jpg

IMG_3801-1.jpg

(BTW it is called the 'Plastic Fantastic'. :cool-98:)

Hay, I have that exact same camera! :) I just got it recently so im trying to transition from a point and shoot that I had to the SLR type and get use to manual modes. No point in using the auto modes right?
But Im also self taught and trying to expand my know how. How do you like the site so far? Ive found soe relaly cool and helpful stuff on here so i finally made an account lol

I love the camera so far. Yeah I don't really use Auto mode at all. I'm completely self taught as well and ive found that looking up youtube videos has helped me a lot, learning about aperture and shutter speed and iso has greatly helped me out. Also I'm fortunate enough to know some people that photograph glassblowing and they were able to help me as well. I love the site o far just need to figure out how to post pictures lol.

Welcome! Posy some shots, and be prepared for honest and useful feedback

Most reactions

New Topics

Back