Hi from hot Las Vegas

Mandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all-
I'm so excited to join this forum! I've been lurking for a while and I'm impressed by not only the amount of activity but the quality of comments people receive on their photos. I hope I can integrate into this wonderful community to not just receive assistance, but hopefully get to the point where I can help too!

I live in beautiful Las Vegas, NV, which I like most of the year when it's not 120 million degrees outside. Yes, it is miserable here right now, other than the afternoon storms that we get from time to time. The mild winters make up for it I guess... I've lived here for 10 years, but photography is a recent hobby so I'm just starting to use the gorgeous Las Vegas sights as photographic content.

I'm an amateur photographer, married to a professional. My husband discovered if he put a camera in my hands, he could work longer. :lol: I've been actively shooting for a little over a year, but not as often as I'd like. I'm actively working on my composition, correctly metering, and capturing a cripsness in my photos that have so far eluded me. I enjoy shooting, but also really enjoy post processing as I have access to my husband's fun, professional toys. Sometimes I feel I have a tendency to over process, but sometimes that's the look I might want. I'm working on finding the balance between reality and memories - colors always seem much more vivid in my memory...

I shoot using a Nikon D70s and generally have a Nikon 24-120 VR glued to the body. I also use a Tamron 70-300 when the occasion demands and I'm lusting after a 12-24... I shoot almost exclusively in manual mode, which can sometimes be frustrating, but I feel like I have a pretty good handle on messing with f-stops and shutter speeds.

In real life, I'm a programmer so I enjoy the challenge of thinking and seeing creatively. I feel like photography has not only given me an opportunity to understand my husband's career, but it gives me an outlet to explore things/feelings/thoughts I can't express in words.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long-winded intro and I look forward to interacting with you in the forums!
-- Amanda

Yup. I'll take it - heat and all.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Most reactions

Back