Hi from Louisiana :)

Marlene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I'm a high school math & English teacher and taking a break for a year. My goal is to improve my photography skills while I'm off. I've been reading the forums for a while now and have learned a lot just from reading others questions and answers. I'm looking forward to participating!
Marlene

Thanks!
I have a Canon Rebel XTi with kit lens, 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 430EXII, BG-E3 Battery grip. I rented a Canon EF 24-70mmF/2.8L USM to take pictures at my nephew's wedding this past weekend. I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture now.

oooooo similar setups! I'm excited to see what you got from your nephew's wedding!

where did you rent the lens from? Also, how do you like your flash? a flash will probably be my next camera purchase.

I rented from ziplens.com but it's the first time I've ever rented anything, so I can't compare to other lenders. I just picked the one that had the lens in stock and could get it to me the fastest. Also, I've only had the flash for a couple of weeks, but so far I really like it. I usually use my 70-300mm lens, so the extra flash is really nice.
I was just so excited about using the 24-70mm lens last weekend, but my results were not great at all. I usually take pictures outside, so I was lost trying to decipher settings for indoor lighting, plus using new equipment. I'm going to try to find a class to take.

Hi Marlene and welcome to TPF. :)

Most reactions

Back