Hi from Minot ND

kcaudle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone..I just wanted to join because I have had an interest in photography for a long time but I have been so consumed by nursing school that I have had NO time for a hobby. So now that Im graduated and working I have decided to take a photography course at the university. Im attempting to find a good solid camera. I feel totally lost as to what camera to get. I have been looking at Ssams club which for those on the west coast (where I am from) its like costco. There are a couple bundles on there that people have suggested.

this is one of
*$979 after $200 Instant Savings* Nikon D5200 24.1MP DSLR Camera Bundle with 18-55mm VR Lens, 55-200mm, DSLR Bag, Wifi Adapter, and 16GB SDHC Card - Sam's Club

Or this one
*749 after $150 Instant Savings* Canon T3i 18.0MP Digital SLR Value Bundle - Sam's Club

Im totally open to suggestions!!!

Thanks for allowing me to enjoy this forum..

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard.

Either camera will get you started, maybe find a store where you can handle them..and pick the one that feels best in your hands.

Although, one thing to keep in mind is that the Canon T3i is getting a bit 'old'. It was released in 2011 and in many ways, it was just an update from the T2i which was released in early 2010.
Canon has since released the T4i & the T5i.

The Nikon D5200 is their current 'entry level DSLR' model. So when comparing these two cameras, I'd suggest that the Nikon is the better camera...if only because it's two years newer and the technology is constantly evolving.

Welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

Back