Hi from Phoenix!

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Hi, I'm Michele--I just joined, so I thought I'd say "hello." I am 32yo, a mother of three, mostly a homemaker for the past 10 years. My lifelong dream (since about age 5) has been to be a professional photographer. Until recently, I haven't had the concentration, time or money to get started, but now I'm ready to seriously pursue starting my own business.

I never got to take any college-level photography courses and my high school photography teacher was so laid-back that we never really learned the "nuts and bolts" so I decided I needed to finally fully understand exposure and lighting (my weak spots). I just enrolled in NYIP's Professional Photography course...I'm probably also going to take their Digital course concurrently, since I also need a lot of help in the Photoshop department. :wink:

I've been reading posts voraciously--already have learned a ton!

Michele

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy and welcome. So what's your weapon of choice?

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Goodness! Another 'zonie' on the boards!! :lol: Welcome to you Michelle from another Phoenician! :mrgreen:

OP
michelejo

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Thanks!!

Right now, a Canon G2. However, I need a dSLR. Right away. :mrgreen: Hopefully one will make it's way into my camera bag by the end of the year.

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
YAHHH!!! another canon user!! (there's a very silent battle among canon-heads and nikon-heads) woot for us!! Are you thinking canon dslr? :mrgreen: I love my 300d..it's old school by now I'm sure but takes some awfully nice photos.

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey michele.. welcome to TPF.. canon ahhhh.. i love my 350d :mrgreen:
cya around :)

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Photos OK to edit
Welcome! Great to have you here and I look forward to seeing your work! :D

OP
michelejo

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Everyone here seems so friendly--I really have been enjoying this board. I've been checking out several photography boards, but love the feel of this one over the others! :D

Someone asked--yes, definitely I will get a Canon digital SLR. I really am leaning torward the 350d. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I also have a Pentax K1000 (which I think is almost as old as I am!) and a Minolta SLR with a couple awesome lenses. I haven't touched either since getting the G2, unfortunately!

I can't wait to post some pics also. I have an 8mo baby and she gets her picture taken a LOT around here! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics