Hi from Reykjavík, Iceland

PaulLambeth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm Paul from London, England. I'm building an interest in various types of documentary, journalist and street photography, and am willing to apply myself to the field, starting as a hobbyist but hopefully occasionally for some pay. In April I'll get my first proper equipment (at least a DSLR, prime lens, zoom lens, tripod) with which I'll immediately pursue the streets and nature of Iceland (where I'm currently studying as an Erasmus student) until May, but before I start I want to get myself accustomed to the fields of photography and photojournalism. So you can see I have no real experience apart from the love of an important photograph; I hope that participating in this forum will change this.

Today is and has been my first proper step. I've located this forum, found a couple of photojournalist-related blogs to follow, and gone through and made notes from an introductory book on photography - exactly what terms like aperture, shutter speed, focus etc. mean, what their values signal, and what changing them in combination will achieve.

I look forward to learning from all the photography lovers here, as well as being exposed to some brilliant maintainers of the art!

Paul

Hi Paul. Hmm, I think you will have many subjects to shoot in Iceland.
It will be interesting to see some of your street images ... and landscape (if you decide to do that).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back