Hi, from San Diego! i <3 photography.

y0aimee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone! My name is Aimee and I'm from San Diego, CA.
I first became interested in photography when I purchased my Canon SD630 point&shoot camera because I wanted to capture every memorable moment from family parties to hanging out with friends. Over time, I realized I was capturing more than family photos, I was viewing things from a whole new perspective. I was seeing the art in everyday, simple things that people wouldn't ordinarily think twice about taking a picture of. So, after using my Canon to its full potential, I knew I needed an upgrade. I searched on craigslist and found a Nikon D60 kit for a reasonable price with under 1000 actuations =) I purchased my Nikon in April 2009 and have not regretted making that upgrade. This is my very first dslr and I'm pretty much self taught with some useful tips from friends, who helped me understand the basics. I like to keep my pics as raw as possible with little to no post- processing. Plus, I don't have photoshop at all. =/

I've taken plenty of pics since purchasing my camera and I've mainly been posting on car forums which I'm a member of (which have photography sections). I am into cars as well (another expensive hobby). Ok time for me to shut up. Sorry for the long intro... Being an amateur photographer, I'm really excited to view your guys' work and learn from everyone here.

Here are some of my shots...

4123600013_d8f70dd45e.jpg

4101235707_7d9a889643.jpg

3744733554_1ce326b23e.jpg

3767788450_f825b19894.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm new myself but it seems quite active here... and people seem quite helpful.

I'd have chimed in sooner if I saw your post sooner. I'm a San Diegan too.

WELCOME!!

Interesting shots, too. Love the bokah on the Starbucks shot. Nicely done.

Welcome to TPF -- just saw your post :)

This great photos, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the photo on this forum and you'll find them great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back