Hi, from Texas!

iamericlarson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I design full-time for an outdoor manufacture company. I have finally convinced the owner to purchase a photography kit, mainly for product photography.

Let me start off by saying I am learning more about product photography so I any advice would be much appreciated.

We manufacture backpacks any leads on what is the best kit to purchase?

Thank you guys,
-Eric

Welcome to the site.

Do you have a preference as to brand or any equipment already? Are you looking to purchase a point-and-shoot or a DSLR? With a little more information, I'm sure we could help you find something that is reasonably priced and perfect for what you're using it for. Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the forum Eric.

Unless you plan on uses the photos for very large prints...the camera make & model shouldn't matter very much for still product photography. The camera should be mounted on a tripod, and most decent cameras can give pretty good results when used properly on a tripod.

So the important part of your kit will be your lighting and lighting modifiers & accessories.

I'd suggest getting the book Light: Science & Magic. Because knowledge & technique are a lot more important than gear, especially when it comes to product photography.

Howdy from Lubbock!

Hello and welcome to the forum Eric!

Tiffany and Mike,

I should've mentioned I have a Canon Rebel Xsi DSLR.

Visit redrockoutdoorgear dot com to view our products. I mainly need to know what kits I should get. Light box? What is ideal for shooting images of backpacks?

We also manufacture ghillie suits which is our best selling products.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Hey guys,

I design full-time for an outdoor manufacture company. I have finally convinced the owner to purchase a photography kit, mainly for product photography.

Let me start off by saying I am learning more about product photography so I any advice would be much appreciated.

We manufacture backpacks any leads on what is the best kit to purchase?

Thank you guys,
-Eric

Welcome to this forum, like you, I'm also new here. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Well can anybody give a solution to a kit to purchase? Like I said I'm new to this and it's only me working on this catalog. Graphics, photos all ideas = one brain haha. Much help appreciated.

Most reactions

Back