Hi from Wisconsin :)

mom2three

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

My name is Magen and I'm new to this site, and semi-new to photography. I have been taking pictures with my Olympus StylusTough point and shoot, and decided that I wanted to upgrade to a digital SLR. I purchased a used Nikon D40 kit with an 18-55mm lens and 55-200mm lens. I am SO excited to get it this week and start learning how to use it. Here's the thing... I know basically nothing about DLSR's. I know a little bit via an iPhone app, but not a ton. Are there any good books/websites or information that anyone can share with me to help out?

I live in Wisconsin, and like taking pictures of my 3 kids and nature. I can't wait to get some awesome snow pictures!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to "meeting" some of you soon!

Magen

I am having a déjà vu moment!

I feel like I've welcomed you before!

I figured I'd get to know people on both, or are both connected? LOL

They're not connected, really, but all under one roof. A lot of us view the forum via the "New Posts" link at the top of the page, so we see everything posted that's recent, rather than visiting each of the 983 (ok, more like 30+) sub fora looking for new posts. :)

Ahhhh, gotcha! I'm semi new to forums... I have been on a few in the past for various things, and they are semi-similar, but all unique in their own way. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back