hi im David from Boston

sparta1978

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my name is David and im from Boston.

im on the forum to zero-in the camera type i want to buy, and get positive feedback/advice on projects i intend to do.

i have learned the photo basics as a teenager, i later slowed my photography as i found that walking with a big camera attracted too much attention and spoiled my opportunity to take natural shots of humans in their habitat... so for a while i carried no camera and then i discovered the iphone. it really was a perfect tool for me, and i was able to both take work(military) pictures and pleasure(documentation of reality) without disturbing it as much...

Right now i have a number of photos i would like to capture, but the place where they are does not allow scanners. So I will be doing the photo of a photo shooting with my new camera first, and then i hope to integrate it into other tasks that i now do with the phone(taking photos of microfilm, with camera on a tripod, taking photos of tanks/trucks, etc, most stationary but some in action...) I think if I replace iphone 4s as my main camera for these tasks it will be a worthwhile investment of 700 dollars(canon T3i or nikon d3200).

I also am very curious about anyone that shot a movie playing on a 35mm film with a camera like that. I did shoot it with an iphone before, and keeping it steady was the biggest issue. I basically took it out of the case and balanced it at just the right spot... but hopefully with a tripod and a pro(by my standards) camera, i will be able to accomplish this much faster and not tell the operator to 'wait wait... almost ready'.

I plan to shoot some livefire... its quite loud and humans wear ear protection... so i am curious how a camera's microphone will survive such use(abuse?) anyway...

In summary: Im a good citizen but have done way too much to ever run for office, and I hope to get some good clear tested advice while on the forum.

David

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum David!

Most reactions

Back