Hi I'm new!

kgridley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to this world! I'm looking into starting some photography as a hobby and would love your recommendation on the Nikon d5000 and Nikon d3100. Looking to photography maternity, newborns, kids and family! Hope to get some good feedback!

Welcome aboard.

Either camera should be fine. A more important question would be what lens (or lenses) do you plan to get with the camera. And possibly, what lighting equipment should you look at for shooting those types of photos.

The d3100 would come with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom-Nikkor VR lens. The d5000 is used and I'm not completely sure. For now, I'd probably just be using natural light. Not getting into a studio unless my "hobby" becomes successful!

That is the standard 'kit' lens that comes with most cameras of that type. If you don't know what you want to get, that would be a decent starting point...but as you grow with your photography (and spend time here, talking to gear heads)...you will likely want to upgrade to a better lens or to something a bit different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back