Hi, I'm Ron and I have GES!!!!

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the local camera store this afternoon and after talking and looking at some L series lenses, I picked up a 24-105mm L lens and put it on my camera. I took a few pictures just to test it. WOW, it was way quieter and the pictures were clearly better than my lenses. So now I have glass envy syndrome (GES).

How will I be able to take pictures now with my equipment knowing that there is much better equipment??

What Lens do you want most?

50mm L from cannon I love my cheapo 50mm and cant wait to upgrade it

Went to the local camera store this afternoon and after talking and looking at some L series lenses, I picked up a 24-105mm L lens and put it on my camera. I took a few pictures just to test it. WOW, it was way quieter and the pictures were clearly better than my lenses. So now I have glass envy syndrome (GES).

How will I be able to take pictures now with my equipment knowing that there is much better equipment??

Get out while you still can.

Get out while you still can.

No way, I'm having too much fun at this time. Besides, I have to focus my attention somewhere. I suffer from Guitar and Mandolin acquisition syndrome, which is just as expensive, so what's another one, right?

50mm L from cannon I love my cheapo 50mm and cant wait to upgrade it

Don't waste your money on the L unless you absolutely need weather sealing. The 1.4 is sharper, smaller, and $1300 cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha yeah I have the same condition. Just got my first L....now want more! The lens I want most right now is the 70-200mm 2.8 IS II but that is not likely so I will probably end up with the 70-200 f/4 IS for cost reasons.

Leica 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux.

I thought my GES was cured when I bought my two L's. Now I'm drooling for a 500mm f/4. As soon as my car is paid off..........

You will once you realize your photos suck, and that maybe you're going about this the wrong way...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back