Hi, I'm terrible.

Aran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay maybe not me precisely, but my ability to take photos is atrocious. I bought a Rebel XTi in 2007, puttered about with it for a year or two taking mediocre photos, then a pin came out with my CF card and it sat in its bag for a few years because I didn't have the money/care to get it fixed.

Well, it just came back from a camera repair shop today, so I figure now that I spent the money on it (... well, my grandma spent the money on it for an early Christmas present because I've been lazy about getting a photo of my fiancee and I for her and always blaming my dead camera so she told me to get it fixed and get her photos of us, hah.)

At any rate, I'm going to play sponge and absorb as much info as I can now. So hi.

Hi, Terrible, I'm Sharon. :lmao:

Welcome to TPF!

Here's how it works--you can read the threads, absorb some information, find some books to read and tutorials to watch. Then you go shoot some pictures, you come back and you post a few you think are pretty darn decent here. We come in and rip them to shreds, leaving you with nothing but about a half-ounce of dignity still intact, and THEN you choose your option:
--You decide you really DO like photography and you WANT to improve, so you start the LONG process of learning and applying what you learn. If you choose this option, and listen to some of the talented, sarcastic, smart-@ss*s on here, in six months to a year, you'll notice a marked improvement in your photos.
--You decide we're all a bunch of narcissistic, hateful yahoos and you go away, sure that you can do this without us. This option will find the camera back in the closet within the next 6 months while you explore the benefits of Instagram instead.

:lmao: Just kidding. Kinda. :D
Photography--as with MOST hobbies--is NOT for everyone. I hope you get into it and find that you enjoy it and want to really improve; this forum really can help you if you do decide that. But getting GOOD at photography really does take effort and dedication to the hobby, and not everyone cares that much. This is one of the many reasons that iPhones are so wildly popular. :D

Oh--if you DO decide to take up photography as a hobby and you begin to really get into it--say goodbye to any spare money you've ever had, because photography will suck your bank account dry and still demand more. :lol:

Welcome to the jungle, baby!!!

hi terrible, i'm unpopular. don't be too hard on yourself, i've been taking photos for 15 years and I still suck.

My best advice is to convince yourself that your brilliant and that anyone who disagrees is a simple-minded yokle with no appreciation for art.

That's what I do.

hi terrible, i'm unpopular. don't be too hard on yourself, i've been taking photos for 15 years and I still suck.

My best advice is to convince yourself that your brilliant and that anyone who disagrees is a simple-minded yokle with no appreciation for art.

That's what I do.

Yes, I've noticed...
icon_wink.gif

Oh--if you DO decide to take up photography as a hobby and you begin to really get into it--say goodbye to any spare money you've ever had, because photography will suck your bank account dry and still demand more. :lol:

Fortunately my other hobbies - shooting, cars, computers, video games, Lego - aren't that financially dema... oh. Yeah, I'm fine with spending money on things I enjoy. :D

That's what I do.

Yes, I've noticed... ;-)

It's not my fault people are so darn stupid. (have to maintain this delusion)

Hi Aran!! Welcome to TPF!! I've found so far that folks here are very nice and eager to answer questions. What a sweet grandma you have!! When is your wedding date?

^^ exactly, otherwise fifteen years later you'll still suck.

Hi Aran!! Welcome to TPF!! I've found so far that folks here are very nice and eager to answer questions. What a sweet grandma you have!! When is your wedding date?

Yeah, my grandma rules.

As for wedding.... hah. No idea. We've been engaged for about... six and a half years now? Together for over eight. We'll get there eventually.

Aran said:
Yeah, my grandma rules.

As for wedding.... hah. No idea. We've been engaged for about... six and a half years now? Together for over eight. We'll get there eventually.

My wife and I did the same thing, two years dating, six years engaged and now seven years married. The photography and the wedding will come in time. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Peanut Gallery

All of us have a drunk uncle... here we have several...

in addition to GREAT folks that take the time to teach you -

Buckle up and enjoy the ride!!!

Damn boy, what are you waiting for? lol

Most reactions

Back