Hi, new around here, should I buy this film camera?

kalliela

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I am a noob and I am wondering if I should get this camera someone is trying to sell me. It's an F100 Nikon body for 60 bucks. I believe it's fully functional with one exception..it smells like cigarettes. That's why he's selling it cheaper. It looks used but think it works ok. It does smell like cigs, he said he's tried everthing to get it out. It's at a camera dealer in town. So, yay or nay on this one? Thanks!

Ya, I will make sure it works, lol..it's just a little stinky. Hopefully it will air out. Is this a good deal though? On Ebay I see these for 100 plus dollars.

For the smell:
Wipe it down with rubbing alcohol or a similar mild cleaner. Place is a large
seal-able container (plastic bag is OK) along with some dry coffee grounds
for a few days. (with a body cap or lens mounted to keep grounds out).

It should then be much improved.

Thank you!!

Would regular coffee beans be ok or is it better to have the grounds? Thanks!

I'd buy it, that's a good deal! Those cameras typically sell for around $150.

The smell will fade with time and cleaning, I bought a nikon F4 which had a VERY strong odor of cigarettes and two years later it's barely noticeable.

Thanks, it's on hold..I should be getting it soon. I bought espresso beans and coffee grounds. Hopefully, that will freshen things up! Does anyone know a good lens for this camera? Thanks a lot!

Shocking cheap price. I have been thinking about selling mine, but not that cheaply.

It is a very good deal but I would want to ensure that it does work. You never know the real reason for that person disposing it at that price so make sure everything is in order.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back