Hi! New comer =)

sangria91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I'me Sarah from Switzerland. I like photography and french is my mother tongue, so why do I come here? Because I thought it'd be great to improve my english haha. To see "spoken" english written, ...
I've not had my camera nikon for very long, but I hope reading threads about photography will help me with it, and to improve my pictures... I really would appreciate if people gave me their opinions =)
byye!

well, welcome!

since your here for english + photography:

"I've not had my camera nikon" switch to "I've not had my nikon camera for very long . .. "
just kidding just kidding. but seriously,
glad to see you here! i hope you enjoy it.

thank's =)

ho what's more: I like photographying people (can I say that?). I like it more than taking pictures of things and landscapes ;-)

ha thank you newrmdmike I wasn't sure 'cause it's a name =)

i too like photographing people more than other things. and yes you can, i look forward to seeing some of your pictures.

well I'm now at my grand parent's in France so I won't post any pictures till Sunday.

humm could you help me? so far, I can't understand a lot...I usually understand written english very well, but the words used here are specific. Thery're already complicated in french so in nglish....Anyone who can speak a little french who could explain things? Or just explain in english

aperture semm to be "la focale". when you write it f/2.8 for example. is that right?
now...how do you "un objectif"? you know the thing in front of the camera with a zoom.
and "la vitesse d'obturation"? that's the speed at which the diaphragm opens and closes. (hell I'm sorry, usually my english is not that bad in general discussion but here...I feel terrible XD)
I understand overexposed and the opposite is?
well contrast's not difficult to understand... do you use ISO, too? that's the sensitivity to light...
to shoot means to take a picture ok...
the flash, I think that's an english word so no problem here...

well if you could help me with that, it'd be great. if I have more questions, I'll ask =)

The aperture is the opening of the iris in the lens...perhaps it's "L'acte de l'ouverture." And yes, it's referred to with the 'F number'

you know the thing in front of the camera with a zoom.
The lens?

that's the speed at which the diaphragm opens and closes
We call that the 'Shutter Speed'

I understand overexposed and the opposite is?
Underexposure
do you use ISO, too?
Oui

Bonjour Sangria, bienvenue dans les forums!

Here is a quick dictionary style listing of the various camera / photography terms in french

Forum absolut photo • Afficher le sujet - Dictionnaire photographique: termes généraux et abréviations

Pour répondre à tes questions plus précisemment:

Focale: we refer to this as the focal lenght. The zoom capability of your lens. These are normally refered to as "mm" such as a 24mm-70mm or a 50mm lens.
Alors c'est la capacité de "zoom" de ton objectif. Normalement exprimé en milimètre.

What you were referring to that is often seen as an f/ number (f/2.8 or such) is le diaphragme or what is called in english the aperture.

Objectif: this is in fact the lens. Aussi connue comme lentille, mais le terme correcte est objectif

Vitesse d'obturation: as BigMike said, its the shutter speed. The shutter known as l'obturateur

J'espère que ceci t'aide!

- Pierre

hey thank you very much that'll help lot! thank's =D

Most reactions

Back