Hi, new here

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. My name is Abby, and I just started doing photography about a year ago. I am a college student studying animal science and studio art. When I'm not at college I live on a small farm in mid Michigan.

I just got a camera that I feel will be fun to learn with. A Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H50. Before that I was using some sort of Kodak, not actually my camera but my mothers. I also just got a tripod, and now I'm trying to teach my self about long-exposures at night. It's a lot of fun! :)

I'm trying to teach myself about photography by taking pictures, looking at pictures on Flickr that make me happy (because maybe the niceness in those pictures will rub off! :) ), and reading on the internet. I figured joining a photography forum was a good step, because sometimes I have questions that I can't find the answers to on Google. I hope I can ask them here.

I like to take pictures of nature, animals, the sky, and small things I find in my room. I might like to try and take pictures of people someday, but I can usually only take pictures of things that I feel some sort of connection with otherwise they don't turn out. It's hard to connect with people in a way that you can make them look good through a camera, I think. I really admire people who can do that.

I suppose thats a long enough introduction. :)

Welcome Abby,

I to am new, joined last night. I can tell you this...you have joined a great site. Folk here are kind and open to ALL questions, regardless your experience level.

Have Fun,

jorge

While joing this forum was a great step :thumbup:, I have learned recently that a local club can be a great thing. Club activities will expose you to so many different levels of photographers.

Our club has a meeting night with a speaker, a workshop on a popluar topic (Photoshop for instance), the third week is a photo competition (listening to judges is interesting even if you don't enter), and then a group field trip.

That's a tremendous amount of learning opportunity that would cost you hundreds in a class.

I highly recommend it!

Most reactions

Back