Hi Newbie on-board with EOS 7D

ernie90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys, just signed up so will start with Hello. Am brand new to photography but wanted to start off with a decent camera (hope this is) got it today its a EOS 7D with 15-88mm lens, Canon EF 70/300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, LP-E6 1800mAh Battery, BG-E7 Battery Grip. Is there anything you can think that I have not got ? I want to take snaps of my kids to start with. Any comments appreciated. :lol:

Welcome to the forum.

You've got a pretty good camera for a 'newbie'. ;)
If you are mainly going to be shooting your kids, my advice for 'next thing to buy' would be either a 'fast' lens (large maximum aperture) and/or a hot shoe flash so that you can bounce the light (the on-camera flash give you boring light).

Look into a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 lens as your next wide aperture lens.
Or if you have the coin, look into the faster zoom lenses such as the 24-70 f/2.8 or the 70-200 f/2.8 IS

Welcome. You got yourself a good body and it should last you far beyond the beginner stages. I agree with the above thoughts -- If you're interested in taking images of your kids, I would get an off camera flash (Canon 430EX or 580EX) and some fast glass (as mentioned, the 50mm f/1.8 is fast and cheap).

Cheers for the comments guys appreciate the info, have just ordered a 580ex & 50mm f/1.8 need to do some reading now and try to find a local club.

Most reactions

Back