hi there! & couple photos; semi-NSFW.

slate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there! I'm Slate and I'm currently enrolled in a photography class.
I found this site and I thought it would be great to get some critiques before I get my prints made over winter break.
I wanted to do a hard vs. soft theme.
I have just a little Canon powershot, so...
And I also adore and love photoshop, but sometimes I don't know when I've gone too far with it. I mostly need critiques on whether or not I have too much PS.
I say semi-NSFW, but nothing is illicit or frontal.

Here are some pics that I was considering:

lake.jpg

The first one is of some trees and a beaver damn. I liked the colors, but I don't know about the glare off of the water...

waterfront.jpg

I photoshopped this one a bit... I liked the dicotomy.

largerme.jpg

This one represented my "hard" (hee, that sounds funny) because of the thorns and the hair and the model's body. I photoshopped the heck out of it too. Is it distracting?

prettylarry-1.jpg

This one is my "soft". Same thing on the photoshopping... I also need to know if it's too sexual or if it's alright...

I know they don't really go together as a "collection", but I don't really need them to at the moment. Please let me know what you think; but I'd prefer kindler-gentler comments; I'm kind of a superfluously sensitive nut. And I've just started picking up photo.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not really a collection, one of landscapes and one of the other type(nudes?).
They are a good start, what did you use.

I used a Canon powershot, elph thing... One of those little Canon cameras.

Last edited:
Second to last one is good. I'd go back and maybe add some noise or some film grain in it to give it a more old timey look. Possibly desaturate it as well.

The last one, the post was way over board. The model isn't consistent from the 3rd shot to the last. You wanna work on maintaining consistency. Or not if that was your goal.

Haha, thanks bunch! The third one is my favorite.

And yeah, you're right that they don't really "go" together.

Haha, oh well. I'll think about that next time because that totally makes sense - consistency.

i really love the concept in the last photo, but i would definitely not cut off the horse's head, and work on your exposure...it might just be the color on my screen, but the girl loos over exposed and the horse under exposed. i don't think its too sexual- i think its a great idea!

Most reactions

Back