hi

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i haven't been here in a long time... met somebody on a trip to thailand recently and was telling them how great this site was when i was frequenting it back in the day. Especially how much i loved the critique forum... i'm dismayed to see the critique forum has gone the way of the dodo, what happened to it?

Welcome back.

The critique forum was a bit of a fiasco. Many people wanted it to be purely critique, without all the 'great shot' comments. But in order to do that, we had to moderate all the comments in that section and people didn't like their comments being moderated. Of course, you can't please all of the people, all of the time...but this one was just causing too many problems and arguments etc.

You can still get critique if you want it though.

Welcome back!

it's nice to be back :) i had a bunch of photos i had taken on vacation in asia, and thought some of them were pretty damn good... even was going to put them in the critique forum, but alas, it's no more. that being said, i was looking at some of the TPFOM shots and am blown away at the talent here.

where would one post something to be critiqued now a days? i understand the hassles you're outlining in the critique forums demise... i remember the moderating was starting when i last was here.

The Gallery section should be the one for you to get some good critiquing, or at least that is what you would hope to get, but I doubt you get that much out of it these days. Either pretend you're a mere beginner and go to the beginner's forum and gallery (that's where most traffic seems to be these days) or feel a bit lost... To my mind, today there's little to no critiquing, and hardly even any commenting done in the gallery sections...

The Gallery section should be the one for you to get some good critiquing, or at least that is what you would hope to get, but I doubt you get that much out of it these days. Either pretend you're a mere beginner and go to the beginner's forum and gallery (that's where most traffic seems to be these days) or feel a bit lost... To my mind, today there's little to no critiquing, and hardly even any commenting done in the gallery sections...

how sad :(

good to see some familiar screen names though :)

i'm missing the critique forum more and more... any chance we can bring it back and make it the wild wild west again (you know, without the moderation?)

Most reactions

Back