Hi!

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hate doing this, introducing myself!

I'm not much good at it.

Let's see the important stuff. I'm a beginner-intermediate photographer with some training but I only own a so-so non DSLR camera as yet. (Sony S7000) Best camera I could afford, shrug. Owning a DSLR and some real lenses that's a major dream, but one that's simply out of my reach at the moment, financially. I actually had to quit school because of some serious health issues a while back. I was about 3/4 done with my AS degree back then so I do have some formal training. Just haven't used it much as yet.

I have worked with several nice pro cameras though. I got to borrow a good Pentax once, and I would kill for a Pentax DSLR of my own.

I'm a female, living in the USA.

I consider myself a portraitist more than anything. I do take other kinds of shots too, but my favorite subjects are always people and animals. I always find my best inspiration in faces. That's what I want to do, if I can ever get the health thing under control. Go back to school, finish what I started, open a home based studio for doing portrait and stock work.

I have done a few things professionally. It's mostly been catalog stuff, work for a jewelry company and also some photography of minerals for another set of catalogs. I've done a lot of retail photography actually, but not so much else except for things like passport shots and the odd pet photo session.

I don't have the camera set up yet to do weddings or serious portrait photography so that's been limiting me a bit in terms of going pro. I'm saving every dime I can for that eventual pro camera and studio lighting set up, but it's going to be a while before I can get there. Right now the small jobs are mostly all I can do though with my light box and my Sony, but I do as much as can considering.

I guess that's most of the important info...

Came here to learn, that's it!

Nice to "meet" you folks!

Welcome!

That's quite a lot of info...

Post up some light box work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back