Hi!

rachelrach11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Rachel and I am very excited to have joined this forum. I've had a camera in my hand for as long as I can remember but sadly, up until recently, have I had nerve to venture out my Nikon P90 past automatic mode. I have had several friends and family members wanting to "hire" me as their photographer for special events but I haven't felt confident enough to accept the offers. I feel that it's a necessity for me to at least get out of auto mode before I start charging people!:) I have taught myself alot within the past few months but still have so much more to learn. Bare with me.... I must say that I am very partial to indoor portrait ,natural light photography. I am not a big fan of flash ( or at least when i am the one shooting) and ironically , this seems to be the most difficult for me to master. Looking forward to meeting y'all and Hopefully stretch my capabilities!

Last edited:
My name is Rachel and I am very excited to have joined this forum. I've had a camera in my hand for as long as I can remember but sadly, up until recently, have I had nerve to venture out my Canon D90 past automatic mode. I have had several friends and family members wanting to "hire" me as their photographer for special events but I haven't felt confident enough to accept the offers. I feel that it's a necessity for me to at least get out of auto mode before I start charging people!:) I have taught myself alot within the past few months but still have so much more to learn. Bare with me.... I must say that I am very partial to indoor portrait ,natural light photography. I am not a big fan of flash ( or at least when i am the one shooting) and ironically , this seems to be the most difficult for me to master. Looking forward to meeting y'all and Hopefully stretch my capabilities!

Welcome!! This seems to be a Very Common Issue among those that want to start charging people! Usually doesn't stop them, though! :)

Oh.. and the D90 is a NIKON! Not a Canon... so which is it?

cgipson1 said:
Welcome!! This seems to be a Very Common Issue among those that want to start charging people! Usually doesn't stop them, though! :)

Oh.. and the D90 is a NIKON! Not a Canon... so which is it?

Nikon P90 ...Sorry.... I had just finished reading An article about a canon printer and must have had that stuck in my brain for some reason. I've had the Nikon for over a year now and it's been pretty good to me. The zoom is impressive but I rarely use it. I am still tinkering with it and finding something new everyday. I don't quite have the settings that I am looking for mastered but hopefully i will learn as i go.

Last edited:
Post a few and lets see what you're made of. Welcome.

here are a few..... would love to hear your opinion

Most reactions

New Topics

Back