Hi

aghastpumpkin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi
I am a 16 year old british fella who is starting a sixth form (A level) photography course in spetember.
I have a Canon AT-1 SLR from 1977 round abouts, that has a massive flash, a 50mm lens, a 28mm lens (I think) and a 120mm lens or something along those lines.
It also comes with a polariser and a few accessories, and I inherited it off my Uncle.
I am not sure about this camera, I know slrs have barely changes in a long time so its age doesnt seem to be an issue, but just wondered what you guys thought.
I am a complete newbie, so any tips and advice would be very useful and I thank you for it.

A bit about the course:

In the course we will be taking black and white photography with film provided by our teacher and we will be processing our own shots, and using techniques in the dark room to add effects. the course is either 1 year or 2 (I am taking the two year course) and gives the student a qualification in A level photography, which gains you access to further photography education.

I know he drill remember Im taking the same class.
This guy is one of my mates and he just got his cam, so I said he sould join.
But...like in true photoforum tradition.
Welcome to The Photo Forum!

ok i think ive made some mistakes about lens sizes i dont know where to look for lens size!
i think those measurements are focus size!
i suppose a typical newbie mistake!

Ok ive just checked.
The manuals say the lenses are FD 28mm, 50mm and 200mm.
Artemis has expressed some doubt in this I am completely baffled!
Perhaps someone who has had experience with an AT-1 could help?

Most reactions

Back