Hidden Lagoon

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A white ibis searches for food around the mangroves at hidden lagoon.
12312087-studio.jpg

AlanKlein

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Great shot. I feel like I'm there. Very clear, sharp eyes. The catch light helps too. The reflected light pattern on its body (from the water?) is a distraction. Also, the crossing of the far foliage across its beak pulls your eye away from the bird. It's adding clutter behind it. If you could have put a black background behind his head by moving the camera to the right a foot or so, it would have been eliminated and made the shot even better.

Robshoots

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Wow! Your wildlife shots are amazing, Kirk. I like the bird's stride; it and the ripples in the water really convey a sense of motion. And I agree with John 2 about the exposure. Great shot.

slat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Really nice shot.

OP
K9Kirk

K9Kirk

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great shot. I feel like I'm there. Very clear, sharp eyes. The catch light helps too. The reflected light pattern on its body (from the water?) is a distraction. Also, the crossing of the far foliage across its beak pulls your eye away from the bird. It's adding clutter behind it. If you could have put a black background behind his head by moving the camera to the right a foot or so, it would have been eliminated and made the shot even better.
Thanks Alan. I appreciate your concerns but unfortunately, I can't help that the light is reflecting off the ripples in the water and onto it's body. That's just something you have to accept, there's nothing I can do to stop mother nature and since I don't sell my pictures, I'm not real big on cloning every little possible annoyance like some people are. Besides, I usually find beauty in nature when I look for it. As far as the bg goes, if the bird had been standing still, I could've lined myself up like how you mentioned to get a better bg. Not my first rodeo, I do that quite often, but when a bird is on the move all you have time to do is shoot in burst mode from a fixed position and hope everything comes out well. I hope you have a better understanding of my pictures now. Have a nice day!

OP
K9Kirk

K9Kirk

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow! Your wildlife shots are amazing, Kirk. I like the bird's stride; it and the ripples in the water really convey a sense of motion. And I agree with John 2 about the exposure. Great shot.
Thank you very much and I reeeally appreciate that you understand the picture as well as you do, your experience shows.

AlanKlein

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thanks Alan. I appreciate your concerns but unfortunately, I can't help that the light is reflecting off the ripples in the water and onto it's body. That's just something you have to accept, there's nothing I can do to stop mother nature and since I don't sell my pictures, I'm not real big on cloning every little possible annoyance like some people are. Besides, I usually find beauty in nature when I look for it. As far as the bg goes, if the bird had been standing still, I could've lined myself up like how you mentioned to get a better bg. Not my first rodeo, I do that quite often, but when a bird is on the move all you have time to do is shoot in burst mode from a fixed position and hope everything comes out well. I hope you have a better understanding of my pictures now. Have a nice day!
It's a great picture Kirk. I just wanted to point out a couple of things that if they weren't there would have made it even better. I know as a photographer the problems of background and other issues that prevent me from getting better pictures. Unfortunately viewers don't care about our problems as photographers. A photo has to stand on its own. We're not there to explain.

MitchP

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Beautiful! And the background gives it a sense of place.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics