Hidden Lagoon

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A white ibis searches for food around the mangroves at hidden lagoon.
12312087-studio.jpg

Great shot. I feel like I'm there. Very clear, sharp eyes. The catch light helps too. The reflected light pattern on its body (from the water?) is a distraction. Also, the crossing of the far foliage across its beak pulls your eye away from the bird. It's adding clutter behind it. If you could have put a black background behind his head by moving the camera to the right a foot or so, it would have been eliminated and made the shot even better.

Wow! Your wildlife shots are amazing, Kirk. I like the bird's stride; it and the ripples in the water really convey a sense of motion. And I agree with John 2 about the exposure. Great shot.

Really nice shot.

Great shot. I feel like I'm there. Very clear, sharp eyes. The catch light helps too. The reflected light pattern on its body (from the water?) is a distraction. Also, the crossing of the far foliage across its beak pulls your eye away from the bird. It's adding clutter behind it. If you could have put a black background behind his head by moving the camera to the right a foot or so, it would have been eliminated and made the shot even better.
Thanks Alan. I appreciate your concerns but unfortunately, I can't help that the light is reflecting off the ripples in the water and onto it's body. That's just something you have to accept, there's nothing I can do to stop mother nature and since I don't sell my pictures, I'm not real big on cloning every little possible annoyance like some people are. Besides, I usually find beauty in nature when I look for it. As far as the bg goes, if the bird had been standing still, I could've lined myself up like how you mentioned to get a better bg. Not my first rodeo, I do that quite often, but when a bird is on the move all you have time to do is shoot in burst mode from a fixed position and hope everything comes out well. I hope you have a better understanding of my pictures now. Have a nice day!

Wow! Your wildlife shots are amazing, Kirk. I like the bird's stride; it and the ripples in the water really convey a sense of motion. And I agree with John 2 about the exposure. Great shot.
Thank you very much and I reeeally appreciate that you understand the picture as well as you do, your experience shows.

Thanks Alan. I appreciate your concerns but unfortunately, I can't help that the light is reflecting off the ripples in the water and onto it's body. That's just something you have to accept, there's nothing I can do to stop mother nature and since I don't sell my pictures, I'm not real big on cloning every little possible annoyance like some people are. Besides, I usually find beauty in nature when I look for it. As far as the bg goes, if the bird had been standing still, I could've lined myself up like how you mentioned to get a better bg. Not my first rodeo, I do that quite often, but when a bird is on the move all you have time to do is shoot in burst mode from a fixed position and hope everything comes out well. I hope you have a better understanding of my pictures now. Have a nice day!
It's a great picture Kirk. I just wanted to point out a couple of things that if they weren't there would have made it even better. I know as a photographer the problems of background and other issues that prevent me from getting better pictures. Unfortunately viewers don't care about our problems as photographers. A photo has to stand on its own. We're not there to explain.

Beautiful! And the background gives it a sense of place.

Most reactions

Back