Hide & Seek

aedemirci

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
BWs are enough. Here comes a VW Beetle playing hide and seek :wink:

920267.jpg

Very nice photo. This reminds me of something you would see hanging in a coffee shop.

I really love the idea. I just wish that the headlight were using the rule of thirds. That and maybe this has a little too much contrast. I really like the look but it almost looks like too much. Very very cool idea though.

too much wall on the left (and its out of focus, that catches my eye instead of the beetle). The beetle would be perfect if the top wouldn't reflect that much sun. other than that it's ok.

i totally disagree with andrew snyder. the rule of thirds was made for total noobs and was meant to be broken. yes there is somthing to be said for it helping composition somtimes, but not always, and i definatly think not here. Also i think the contrast is part of what makes this so great.

also i disagree with santino about the composition.

I think people here offer a little too much in the way of critique with composition. Isn't that what makes us different photographers? our composition?

if this had been shot as either of them said, then it would have been how they shot it . . . and your not them.

its good! different and good!

well, I partly disagree with mike (not about the rule of thirds) but there is something like "good" and "bad" composition. sometimes it can't be written down but there is good and bad and it has nothing to do with "different". I'm not the Ansel Adams type.
Composition can "work" and it can't, thats a part of design. If I say that the wall catches my eye than it's IMO not ok (because the beetle is the main subject, isn't it). If it was your intention, ok, but then it doesn't work for me at all. It's the critique forum so I offer my thoughts. There are unwritten "rules" one has to keep in mind without influencing ones creativity.

Hi My Friends,

Thank you all for your comments. All are valuable for me. Photography is an individualistic art and everyone gets something different from a photograph. Polysemy is an integral part of photography as well as other fields of art.

A photographer should definetely know the basic rules but also should never forget that the rules are made to be broken.

In short, you are all right as I consider your critics independently.

Thanks again..:)

fair enough, and i agree about design, and good composition and bad comp. however, if we all abide by the same standards then . . . well it all starts to look the same.

Most reactions

Back