"Hiding" - Not Work Safe

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a bit scared to post this portrait of a friend - coz it's a bit 'out there' and I've never posted anything like this before.

Anyway, It's supposed to be of getting ready to go out, and those little nerves just before you leave when you think - hmm should I go? I think I might just stay home.

What do you reckon? Is it un-tasteful? or does it work?

IMG_7136_BW_web.jpg

thanks for looking. :hug::

From just a normal person with very little photography experience I must say that I like it. It just looks very interesting and the fact that you can't she her face (making it generic) makes it tasteful. Nice job.

I love it, its very voyeuristic (spelling) but more importantly it tells a story you definately have an understanding of whats going on and you also know its all in a big rush. :lol::lol:

Well captured !!

Deano

Im not sure i like it or not. Interesting photo, i like that it's in black and white, im just not sure i like the content.

If your friend was ok with you taking this photo, I see nothing wrong with it at all. You could easily argue Nick Ut's pulitzer prize winning photo has no taste(the one of the vietnamese children who were in excruciating pain from napalm). Overall, I think this photo works. I feel like something should be in focus, but nothing really strikes me, maybe it's best with nothing in focus...I dunno. Very creative by the way, keep pushing the limits. Good things wont come from staying within your comfort zone.

One could also argue that the user name "rusty tripod" is offensive. A little lube, and light use, should remove the rust. :confused:

If a photo (any photo) makes the viewer think (even for just a short second) then it works.

Whatever it makes the viewer think doesn't really matter.

If the photo cause the viewer to react in anyway then its and even better photo.
So the more "poor taste" comments you get, the better the photo :)

So it short, it works...
...besides that I like it.
It could be a little sharper if anything.

Thanks everyone - your feedback has been very helpful.

Karsten, I like your thinking. I carefully chose my words for my question for that reason. :)

I would have thought she may have needed to choose more appropriate going out panties but apart from that it's pretty cool.

I can't say this offends me in any way, but it doesn't exactly grab me either. Indifferent, might describe my feelings best about it.

As a photo, it does need to be sharper, but maybe that represents the fact that it looks like a 'grab' shot and the subject was unaware of your actions in taking it.

I actually like the softness, it helps portray that un-sure feeling you are going for. I love the composition, and the way the image is set-up I find my eye is immediatly drawn to her shoe... The fact she is doing some sort of buisness on the toilet is an after thought. I don't find it offensive, although after witnessing my wife give birth and the days following... nothing seems to offensive when it comes to things like this anymore.
Nice job, its deff. a photo that catches your attention.

Just a bit of sharpness needed...
It´s also very tightly cropped...could do with a tiny bit more space...maybe.

No problem with the panties (who complained about that ???) :p

I like it and I think it's original.

The minimalist in me makes me want to clone out the black object behind her leg and the other things on the floor.

I think the softness is the point; sharp and "in focus" it's just a shot of a chick on the can. . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back