High Contrast Nude (NSFW)

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, I've been mostly a film shooter, only shooting digital for fun and games. but now that I have access to a decent editing program, I decided (or rather my professor decided) that I should explore digital a bit more seriously...

I spent some time with this one in photoshop. I didn't think that the original was bad as it was shot in camera, but after playing with this one, I think I like this better. Am I off my nut? What do y'all think?

This is the original:
jenw1absmalloriginal.jpg

This is the edit...

jenw1absmall.jpg

OK.....I like the shot overall, both.

In both the hair line, head to flowing hair does not seem normal. I not sure what can be done, perhaps select color and then bring in the color of the hair......

I do like the original a bit better with the cloth backdrop, but the darking of the model in the second one has more appeal. Of course remove the item on the right side.

One man's opinion.

Thanks...

Of course remove the item on the right side.

Yeah, that was the ladder upon which I was standing (about 15ft over the model). My perch was precarious at best. I'm surprised I was able to hold still enough to get the shot and didn't fall off the ladder bring an end to myself, camera, and model.

She looks a bit too "tight" to me, if you understand my meaning, try getting the model to relax a bit more before hovering above her.

Very nice composition.

As for the background, I'd probably do something in-between your two versions; the second one appears a tad bit too dark, especially because your model seems to be a bit overexposed.

Yeah, there are highlights on her arm and hand which don't really add to her skin tone.

Also, when posing i'd ask her to stretch her chin out a little, she looks a bit 'compressed' for want of a better word.

Light is way too harsh.How did you light this? Diffused light or ceiling bounce usually work well with this type of pose.
Good start to your digital venture.

Light is way too harsh.How did you light this? Diffused light or ceiling bounce usually work well with this type of pose.
Good start to your digital venture.

It was lit with two strobes (or flash if the term strobe tweaks your nose). One at her head and another at her feet. They had soft boxes mounted on them and were set facing each other, not downward at the model.

I wanted kind of a "harsh" light because I was planning to give her a "glossy/plastic/hyper real" look in post.

I really like RMThompson's B&W version. Not sure about the blur, but I love the contrast.

I don't like the hair you need her to stretch her neck a little to get rid of the chin.

My only comment is that the photo breaks several cardinal rules of nude photography. 1) No flat lighting. The flat lighting across the torso is particularly egregious in this case, as there are no shadows except beneath the single partially exposed breast. 2) Shoulders should never be raised unless they are asymmetric, and they should never be parallel. Her shoulders are both raised and parallel. But there's good news. I just saved a bundle on my car insurance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back