High Country Road

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
journey_7035_8x10-copy.jpg

thanks ray, i spent a long time on this one before finally giving up when i got to this point, still unsatisfied. whenever i tried to brighten it i would start to get really hot spots in the clouds, at least on my monitor. i was going to leave it in color, but the greens in the field were just so blah... maybe i'll post an original up here later and see if someone else wants to have a go with it... my PS skills need some work...

Hi JTHphoto. This is a great picture. A good B&W conversion on this will look fantastic. You could try to fiddle with curves, you can open up areas of the tonal range without blowing out the highlights then.

Anyway, as I said, great shot :thumbup:

Mohain said:
Hi JTHphoto. This is a great picture. A good B&W conversion on this will look fantastic. You could try to fiddle with curves, you can open up areas of the tonal range without blowing out the highlights then.

Anyway, as I said, great shot :thumbup:

thanks mohain @ pgal!

is curves the cs2 equivalent of "levels" in elements? I kept tweaking those until i was blue in the face and just couldn't get it to work out...

my monitor at home is quite a bit brighter than my work monitor. Anyway... here are two quick edits... no crop this time, just levels adjustment, a dodge here, burn there... topped off with a slight USM.

lighter b&w
IMG_7035bw.jpg

color
IMG_7035color.jpg

and an original that's OTE if you tell me what you did and how you did it ;) please have a go, i'd be interested to see how everybody else post-processes, i've been in kind of a rut...

photobucket_sucks.jpg

Most reactions

Back