High Force (waterfall)

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Hi guy's, it's been quite sometime since I posted anything and looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on......
Took this shot the other day,
It's an 80ft drop over the edge were I was standing and I hate heights.
Got my shots and vacated the area as quickly as my shaking body would allow :D
This was taken with the 17-55 and is a 3 shot hdr.
Got some others from another waterfall a little further up river which I'll post soon.

high%20force%20hdr3_1_2.jpg

C&C Welcome.
TFL.
Ken.

Looks great, but it lacks contrast. There's no pure black and there's no pure white.

EDIT, actually I think there is, but it still looks like it lacs contrast a little bit.

I rather like it, i'm no expert but I can see where the other posters are coming from, I would love to see the waterfall close up, it looks pretty impresive.

Deano

Seems like its showing a little too much ground in my opinion

yeah a shot in front of the rocks in the foreground would have been much better. Your subject is there, the eye just has to jump some hurdles to focus on it first. Same with the sky. It is a great sky, it would look better with more of it in the picture.

Looks great to me. Nice to see some of your work again. You've been away to long.

Great to see you back and posting, Ken! You've been missed.

I really like the shot...so much of interest in it (gnarly roots, storm clouds, rockface, waterfall, greenery etc etc). Look forward to seeing more!

I like this, I guess a different crop / angle might be different, but I like it just the same.

Thanks again guys for the comments, I agree that it really is 2 shots in one sort of, just those roots in the foregrond really caught my eye.....and for some reason felt I needed to include them, which is why I tried to put the waterfall in the gap between the rocks and bush.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back