Highest numbers of photos taken with a single recharge with an instant camera?

AlbyDB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody,
I read that with some instant cameras I can shoot even 100 photos with only one recharge. Someone can tell me with which models and recharges I can do it? And if it's not true, which is the highest number I can reach with one recharge? Thank you much!

I think you will NOT get a good answer here on TPF. The members here, with the exception of 3-5 people, are not instant-film users, for the most part.

Derrel, thank you for your answer. I hope some of these 3-5 users see my question! But at this point I will try with another forum too.

I am not a big instant camera guy, but Ill ask this:
What type of instant? film, digital?
whats the end game?

I think you will NOT get a good answer here on TPF. The members here, with the exception of 3-5 people, are not instant-film users, for the most part.

And those of us who are instant camera users think it's not a simple question to answer anyway.

Shooting instant is not cheap. A single print costs about $0.80 - $2.50, depending on what film you are using.

Shooting so many prints that I ran out the battery? I seriously doubt anything like this could even be tested without being fabulously and obscenely wealthy and willing to blow hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of instant film.

We instant film shooters take our shots carefully and sparingly.

Of course, models such as the SX-70 run off the battery that is built into the battery pack, so that's easy to determine: the battery lasts for the 8 or 10 prints that comes in the pack (depending on which iteration of Impossible Project film one uses.)

I thought for a minute I read this wrong and was wondering what kind of digital camera is considered instant??

I've never kept track of how many photos I can take with a Polaroid that uses batteries like my Colorpack II. I suppose the batteries last as long as they would in anything, a flashlight, etc.

Leo's exactly right about the SX-70, it would depend on how long the battery in the film pack lasts. Pretty long... I have a blue plastic Polaroid radio that runs off the empty film packs. So far I'm on the first or maybe second one, and don't use that radio a lot, but it's lasted long enough that I don't remember when I put an empty pack in it. Power to the Polaroids!!

The real shot capacity is up to use and if there is a constant power on/off capability.

And yes there are now "instamatic digital" cameras (at least in name).

I forgot about that one... I'll keep my SX-70 and let it shoot out pictures for me. That camera is a joy to use.

I thought for a minute I read this wrong and was wondering what kind of digital camera is considered instant??

I've never kept track of how many photos I can take with a Polaroid that uses batteries like my Colorpack II. I suppose the batteries last as long as they would in anything, a flashlight, etc.

Leo's exactly right about the SX-70, it would depend on how long the battery in the film pack lasts. Pretty long... I have a blue plastic Polaroid radio that runs off the empty film packs. So far I'm on the first or maybe second one, and don't use that radio a lot, but it's lasted long enough that I don't remember when I put an empty pack in it. Power to the Polaroids!!

Ooh, I didn't know about the radios!

As for instant digital cameras ... I say a very grumpy BAH! If it's not making images with a negative, emulsions, and dyes, then it's just a digital camera with a printer. Ain't the same, man.
:dob:

Last edited:
Guys thanks for your answers and I apologize because I explained myself in the wrong way. By recharge I meant a pack of films. So I'd like to know how may films a pack can contain at most. As I said I read about instant cameras that can take 100 films pack at once. Have you ever heard about something like that? Thank you and sorry again!

Guys thanks for your answers and I apologize because I explained myself in the wrong way. By recharge I meant a pack of films. So I'd like to know how may films a pack can contain at most. As I said I read about instant cameras that can take 100 films pack at once. Have you ever heard about something like that? Thank you and sorry again!

I have never heard of a camera that can take more than 1 pack at a time, and each pack typically holds 8-10 prints.

The only way I could see it would be if you had something like a medium format camera which has different backs with a roll of film in each back. Then you can just swap backs. However most use that to hold different types of film rather than just another roll - if they ran out they'd just use a changing bag and swap in some new film and keep going.

I've also never heard of a film camera that could take multiple rolls of film at once. I think either we've got a communication error going on here or something along those lines. Perhaps explain in more detail what you mean; or perhaps go into why its important for you - ergo what you'd hope to get from such a camera.

The only way I could see it would be if you had something like a medium format camera which has different backs with a roll of film in each back. Then you can just swap backs. However most use that to hold different types of film rather than just another roll - if they ran out they'd just use a changing bag and swap in some new film and keep going.

I've also never heard of a film camera that could take multiple rolls of film at once. I think either we've got a communication error going on here or something along those lines. Perhaps explain in more detail what you mean; or perhaps go into why its important for you - ergo what you'd hope to get from such a camera.

Maybe old roll film Polaroids could handle more than 10 shots, but it still only took one roll of film at a time.

The only thing I can think of - and of course I can't find an example of it - was an accessory that could attach to, I think, a Nikon 35mm SLR that held up to 10 (again, I think) cartridges of 36 exposures. I seem to remember this being used by someone who took some famous pictures in...I want to say Africa? Asia? I know, I know...I'll keep looking to find something more concrete than "I think."

But that was 35mm film, not instant.

Most reactions

Back