Highspeed: Multicolor droplets.

frans_vdm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first post. I like to share some highspeed photography pictures.
Not new at all, but I 've used multiple colors. This is the result:

lab_1642.jpg

lab_1656.jpg

More details and pictures on my website:
http://users.skynet.be/fotoopa
-->menu highspeed photography
--> multicolor druppels

Frans

Great stuff. I love high speed photos.

What is invloved with high speed photography?

welcome matie! Thats awesome.. the colours make a huge difference! care to talk about your set up and how you did this?

Thanks all for the replay!
To makes this you need:
- a dark room
- focus camera manual
- set flash at low power manual
- open the shutter
- let fall a droplet water
- the droplet interrupt the lightbeam and give a signal to the delay module
- after the delay turn on the flash ( 2 x vivitar 283) ( droplet is on the glass plate now)
- close the shutter
- put the light on
For the multicolor, put 2 very small droplet colored water on the glassplate just before the start. When the droplet fall, you have the mix off the colors.

look at this drawing:

multicolor_droplet.jpg

The timing window range for a good picture is +/- 0.5 msec!
The step range of the delay module is 100 usec and 4 digits
so the readout is xxx.x msec, here i used 16.5 msec.

sorry about my poorly english.

Frans

He did it without photoshop. :shock: I looked at this image before, decided it was photoshopped and didn't have anything to say beyond, Nice highspeed work! - which I passed on, since, as he himself stated in his first post, is not new at all.

But....but.... he has diagrams and everything! :cheer: I'm kinda floored at this process.

Welcome to the forum, frans_vdm! :D Your image rocks the hizzouse!

Welcome aboard Frans and that's an unbelievable start!
Very original setup with great results.....the only problem you have is what do you do for an encore?

terri said:
He did it without photoshop. :shock: I looked at this image before, decided it was photoshopped and didn't have anything to say beyond, Nice highspeed work! - which I passed on, since, as he himself stated in his first post, is not new at all.

But....but.... he has diagrams and everything! :cheer: I'm kinda floored at this process.

Welcome to the forum, frans_vdm! :D Your image rocks the hizzouse!
Yes " not new at all for the droplets", but new for the multicolor droplets and yes this is really highspeed without photoshop :D
Thanks terri!

mrsid99 said:
Welcome aboard Frans and that's an unbelievable start!
Very original setup with great results.....the only problem you have is what do you do for an encore?
Thanks mrsid66,
Yes that's a real problem, but if you have look at my website, there are more than 15 different items on my highspeed menu.
And yes, I 'm testing new items at this moment. But all this experiments take time. I need to prepare some hardware :)

Frans

Looked at your website. Looks like you go through dinner wear pretty quickly! And looks like it makes quite a mess. Hours worth of setting up, and cleaning up for a half a milisecond shot. I like the water drops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back